Thursday, March 6, 2008

Finally Making the Connection

So, I am still on the potty training journey with Tyler. I have been working harder than ever to get him on his way to being pull-up free. He is learning to sit longer on the potty, but still isn't actually "going" on the potty yet. Lately, though, every time he has pooped, I find him wiping himself up because he can't stand the feeling. Tonight after bath time, I was putting some vaseline on him because of a small rash and as I was doing that, he was trying to poop. I brought him in the bathroom and he sat for almost 10 minutes. I knew he had to go, but again, no luck. I can honestly say that I think he is finally making the connection. As far as what is scaring him to go on the potty rather than his pull-up is still a mystery to me. I'm NOT giving up, just gotta work harder and I know one day this will be a HUGE victory not only for me to have both kids in underwear, but for my little buddy who is becoming quite the big boy :)

1 comment:

hope4jackson said...

Yay! Tyler is making a connection; somehow the toilet is scary--I'm not sure why, but it was/is for both my boys...will Tyler go in a kiddie potty away from the toilet?
Hang in there!