Thursday, February 14, 2008

Seeing Gains Every Day

I have been noticing huge gains in Tyler's skills every day. Just the other day the kids in his class took turns singing "Where is Thumper" but using their names instead. When it was Tyler's turn, the teacher said he did awesome! I made him sing it for me a few times while he was in the tub and it is really great to see how much he is enjoying learning, even though it can be a great struggle for him. He was on his favorite website on the computer, Starfall the other night and he was actually reading the words when they would come across the screen. I was totally shocked! I looked at Kevin and said "He is reading." As days go by, the words are coming out easier for him and I can't tell you how great it feels to know that he is able to communicate to us, simple words they may be, but they are coming!! Days like these make me grateful for all the help we have gotten and knowing my son's future is looking brighter every day!

No comments: