Monday, February 4, 2008

The Big Game

As game time got closer, I felt like the Patriots were really gonna do it again this year. I came home from work and changed my clothes. I even put on my Tom Brady jersey. We had awesome food and some of Kevin's friends over to watch the game with us. Almost everyone was rooting for the Giants to win, but I was silently rooting for my New England team. I will admit I know absolutely nothing about football, and really don't care for it but, when your team that you have grown up watching all your life is in a huge game like this, you can't help but get excited.

Everything looked like it was going the Patriots way, until the last 2:45 to go in the 4th Quarter. That is when things took a fast nosedive. Everyone else in the room was going crazy because they knew at that point their Giants had won. I have to say I was in such shock and even this morning when I got to work, I was still kind of dazed about last night.

There is always next year, but to ruin a perfect season, which would have been a historic event for the Patriots, is such a bummer! I really feel bad for all the players. They put their blood, sweat, and tears into this season, only to be kicked in the face.

I guess you just never know what will happen until it happens...

1 comment:

hope4jackson said...

(((Kari))))
I can imagine the heartbreak of so many Patriot fans!!!
Still, a perfect regular season cannot be ignored!