Thursday, November 13, 2008

Parent/Teacher Conference

I've been a little busy this week, so I am finally posting this now.

I met with Tyler's teacher about his report card and how he is doing up to this point in the school year.

Tyler is doing so well! He has met all but a few of his goals for this year already! His speech is getting better. The teacher said that he is more vocal every day and will protest and say "No" to things he may not want to do, but knows he has to do them. That sounds like a typical first grade response to me..:)

The teacher would like to see the autistic classroom turn into a general ed somewhere down the road. I asked her how she thought Tyler would do in this setting. She said that she thinks Tyler could handle it.

I am excited about this because she not only wants Tyler to succeed and be mainstreamed, but all the other kids as well. This teacher is awesome and she is giving these kids a little nudge to get them so that one day they just may be with typical children in typical classrooms!

This just goes to show you that with a little hope, these kids can go far and grow up and have normal lives.

I love my little buddy and I am so very proud of him and how much he has accomplished, autistic or not!

1 comment:

Barbara said...

Wow that sounds so positive. Keep up the good work !