Monday, November 17, 2008

Lab Work

This month, both kids had well visit check ups. They are where they are supposed to be with height, weight, etc. I asked if we could have Tyler's iron checked to see if he may be anemic. We got a lab slip for the blood test. When I took Britney for her check up, we got a lab slip for a urinalysis test. When the girls turn 5, they like to check their kidneys and make sure everything is ok.

I decided to get the labs done today. I picked up the kids and told Britney that if she had to go to the bathroom, she will have to hold it a little longer. She couldn't do it, so I had her go in one of those kiddie bowls with a lid. I was hoping that it would be ok. Luckily, the lab said it was fine and I just switched it out with one the lab provided.

The fun part was next, getting Tyler's blood drawn. I had him sit on my lap and I just hugged him tight while 2 nurses were on either side of him doing what they needed to do. He whined for a quick second, drew some tears and it was all over. No fighting me, kicking, not even high pitched screeching! He did really good.

Just another mini milestone we have conquered. Tyler is growing more and more every day and I feel so proud of him right now!

1 comment:

Barbara said...

Good Job Tyler and Britney. Not such a fun outing for you today !