Monday, November 24, 2008

Nice Compliment

This morning I packed the kids in the van, sick and all and went to the grocery store. I needed to get the rest of our Thanksgiving meal. I had one kid in the seat part of the cart and another sitting where the food would soon be. As we maneuvered through the store and the cart filled up, the kids needed to walk with me. Britney helped me push while Tyler guided us at the front. We got everything we needed without any protest from the kids as to when we would be done or freaking out because they wanted something and made our way to the check out. There was an older woman in front of us and she turns to me and said that she had seen us throughout the store and wanted to compliment me on how well behaved my kids were. She said she has NEVER seen children act so good. I politely thanked her, all the while feeling horrible with this darn cold/flu bug. I told her I was actually suprised the kids were so good for me too considering they are sick and Tyler is autistic. She just smiled and loaded her things up in her cart. After she was done, she turns to us again and told us to have a good day and Happy Thanksgiving. I told her the same. It made me feel good that people notice that I am not a horrible parent, even though I question myself all the time.

1 comment:

Barbara said...

Never question your parenting ability !! The kids are very well adjusted.

Barbara