Saturday, January 12, 2008

How different my 2 kids are

Tyler is our oldest child and when he was a baby he hit all his milestones quick. He NEVER crawled. He went from rolling around right to walking at 7 1/2 months! We really thought he would be our genius child. It wasn't until he was a little over 1 that we noticed his speech wasn't where it should be. He has been in speech therapy since he was 1 1/2 and we recently stopped going to speech for him this week and he is 6. Every day he is more and more verbal and for that I am grateful. Granted, he is probably functioning at a 3 year old level, but he is getting there and is gaining more speech. Autism plays a HUGE part in our lives, but I love Tyler no matter what!!!

Britney is our "baby" and she is 4. Can I just say that this little "princess" as I like to call her, will NOT SHUT UP! I know I should be thankful that she is talking and able to do things like a normal 4 year old should, but she is constantly talking, talking, talking. I hate to admit it, but I look forward to her going to bed because I know she won't be talking then. I love her anyway.

I am just amazed at how different my 2 kids are and all the challenges they face are so diverse. Call me a crazy mom for wanting one child to talk and one to shut up....

1 comment:

hope4jackson said...

Kari,
love your music here! :)
I can relate to having totally different kids...((hang in there)) when she's 14, Brit probably won't want to talk to you at all...
I hope you get to see Ariel together, you've got to post a pic. of your little mermaid...