Tuesday, October 21, 2008

On the Mend

Friday the kids didn't have school so I decided to call the doctor to have them look at Tyler. He had been sick since Wednesday and was not getting any better. The nurse informed me that they were overbooked and they could not see Tyler. I knew he needed some kind of medicine other than over the counter Tylenol. I told the nurse that I felt he had bronchitis and that he was favoring his ear. She told me what to do for the weekend and if his symptoms persisted, to take him to the ER. I even tried taking him to the walk in clinic across the street, but they do not take the insurance Tyler has. What a way to start the long weekend!

Saturday morning, 6:30 to be exact, I was off to the ER with Ty. He slept maybe a few hours and I knew I needed to help him. After seeing the doctor in the ER, we had our diagnosis. A bad ear infection and URI. Tyler did so much better letting the doc look at him than he did in years past. I was proud of him.

We were on our way by 8am. I dropped Ty off at home and went to fill the prescriptions. Finally home after some issues with the ear drops by 9:30. Gave him the first dose, orally and boy was that fun!

He got better as the days went on and to be safe, I kept him home from school yesterday. He went to school today and was able to make it through the day.

My little man is on the mend and i'm glad he is able to handle taking medicine better now...:)

1 comment:

hope4jackson said...

I'm so sorry to hear Tyler was feeling so bad! (((tyler)))