Friday, August 1, 2008

Back to School Rush

Today I took Britney to the new JC Penney that just opened up down the street. Since she will be in Kindergarten, she needs to now wear school uniforms. We got a good jump start on her uniforms. We got 4 shirts (buy one get one for $1), 2 skorts, 2 pairs of shorts. I spent over $100 for all of it. Now all I need to get is some shoes and sneakers for her. Tyler got a few shirts as well. He dosen't need much since he already started wearing the "uniform" clothes for Kindergarten last year. I think he will be ok until Christmas time with what he has now. He just needs sneakers now for himself too.

After our trip to JC Penny, we dropped off the clothes and took another trip to Wal-Mart with the school supply list. I spent about $40 on school supplies. I think that is just ridiculous! When I was growing up, teachers and/or the school supplied everything. Oh well, its all done and bagged up waiting for new backpacks that still need to be bought. That is probably going to be my project for next week.

I think things went pretty good today considering the amount of money spent. You could say this makes a good mastercard commercial. Goes something like:

School Uniforms-$100
School Supplies-$40
Grand Opening Day @Jc Penney Balloon-FREE!
Spending time with Britney-Priceless as always!

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.