Thursday, April 24, 2008

Seeing Progress Every Day

I had a meeting with Tyler's teacher yesterday. We went over some goals that we are going to implement for his upcoming IEP meeting. We went over his progress report and report card and I am amazed at how many of his goals he has mastered! I am so happy that my little guy is doing so well. Ms. Santos even told me that one day Tyler and his friend Brian took over her role one morning. Tyler and Brian grabbed her pointer, got all the schedules set up and began the day. She said she just stood back and let them go with it. It showed her that Brian and Tyler were not only interacting, but they were trying to teach the others. It was such a cute story she shared with me. I met the speech therapist yesterday too. She said she cannot believe how much Tyler has changed since October. It makes me feel good about my decision to place him in the autistic classroom. Tyler needed it, and his progress is getting better every day.

At our IEP meeting, we will also be discussing if we are going to send Tyler for ESY. ESY is extended school year. He would be going half a day for 4 weeks. Its not that much, but it will keep him from regressing and retaining the skills he has learned.

No comments: