Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Diversity Presentation

Last week one of my managers approached me to talk to the "big wigs" and other coordinators from the other parks about my personal autism journey. I went over to the meeting today and I was really nervous. I did a few presentations in front of my co-workers back in April and I was ok. When I saw 25-30 people in the conference room today I felt like I was going to throw up! I was first up on today's agenda. Everyone watched the Souls video and from there I stood up and spoke from my heart about my story with Tyler. My speaking was only about 10 minutes, but it seemed so much longer with all those eyes on me. Everyone was impressed and said I did a great job. They had some questions for me. One of my coordinators has a 25 year- old son with autism and he helped me with everyones questions so it took some pressure off me. I think I really opened up everyones eyes a little more and you never know, they may have me do more of these presentations for other cast members at the other parks.

1 comment:

hope4jackson said...

WoW! I'm soooo very proud of you!!! (((hugs)))