Monday, May 12, 2008

Britney the 4 year old Diva

I am really at the end of my rope with her. No matter what I do, she won't listen to me. I tell her to pick up her mess, she ignores me. I tell her to get ready for school, she tells me 2 more minutes. She will mind Kevin 9 out of 10 times, but I just don't know what to do. I think a big part of it is looking for attention because we spend so much time focusing on helping Tyler that she feels left out. I feel sad that she might feel this way, but how can I explain to her that Tyler is different and needs more help with things she can do already.

When I was picking up Tyler today, I joked with her that the police were coming to get her because they were driving down the road with sirens blaring. Just when I said that to her, Tyler's para brought him out to the car. I told her to get in the back and buckle in her seat. She proceeded to tell me NO I DON'T HAVE TO!!! I was embarrassed because the para looked shocked that my little girl would talk to me like that. She kept it up until I told her she would be going to the corner when we got home and if she continued, she would increase her time in the corner. She quickly ran back and buckled in her seat.

Britney is the 4 year old Diva. Please tell me it will get better....

No comments: