Wednesday, December 26, 2007

The Calm After The Storm

Our Christmas was ok. I was really hoping this would be the year that Tyler "got" the whole Santa, Christmas, present thing. He did alright. He had to be prompted a few times to open his gifts, but he did open most of them by himself. As soon as something caught his eye though, he lost all interest in the other gifts. He has been enjoying his Smart Cycle and his Imaginarium Marble game. I guess I should not expect too much just yet. He is autistic after all and I know it is more for him to bear some times. He is getting better every day, just has difficulty with big celebrations and holidays.

I thought Britney would be screaming at the top of her lungs once she saw what Santa left for her. She walked out of the bedroom and was like "oh wow!" and that was it! She was sooo excited about Christmas this year and all I got was an "oh wow!" Oh well, maybe next year....

1 comment:

hope4jackson said...

((Kari))
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!